26. yr. old Forester
1. Separate money from the political life of the country. Money plays too large a role.
2. I travel in Oregon a lot and there is a lot of rural poverty in the state, where people do not have even the limited resources of urban areas to redress.
3. There has been a complete deterioration in blue collar jobs and income. And we need an attitude adjustment about blue collar work. A doctor at college once said to me “so you’ve decided to use your brain, have you?” As if people operating cranes and bulldozers don’t use their brain. Now THAT was the dumbest thing I ever heard ANY one say. This class stratification needs ended.
4. The country has been ruined militarily by people wanting to use military power to play global chess.
5. A lot of promises are made which bind future generations without thinking very deeply.
6. Healthcare needs to be socialized. We need to invest in community clinics where they don’t exist.
- 69. 33 yr. old public school teacher/musician
- 64. 30 yr. old Graphic Artist
- 59. 35 yr. old Database Administrator
- 58. 55 yr. old Retired Wholesale Sales Manager
- 57. 25 yr. old Hardware Engineer
- 55. 54 yr. old Microbiologist
- 53. 55 yr. old Engineer/Entrepreneur
- 52. 59 yr. old Retired K-12 Teacher
- 51. 49 yr. old Contractor
- 48-49. 39 yr. old University Dean, NGO worker (unemployed)/ spouses