38. 21 yr. old Barista/Beautician School Student
1. We need to pay more attention to the small price increases occurring. They are sucking up a lot of our money. Fees, for example “transaction fees”, are often without explanation, mysterious as to their justification.
2. There’s a lack of meaningful education about issues. There is an overwhelming amount of visual input, but little real information. The Eye dominates. The Ear hears little.
3. Having had some personal insight into the workings of legislation, it seems almost like High School with relationship issues taking up far more energy among legislators than the issues themselves.
4. The education system needs remade. Good teachers are jaded and weighed down by a system which protects poor teachers. A sliver of high school students are mentored and counseled, and their numbers are determined by factors other than results, for example their dress, their attitudes toward authority and so forth. Knowledge is power, and that power needs to be more evenly allocated.
5. The things I encounter are overwhelmingly negative. The toxins in the food we eat, the lack of healthcare for those of us without insurance, the justice system, everything – this is not a society organized in my best interests. Money is no longer a tool but a weapon. A weapon used against those who don’t have a lot of it.