48-49. 39 yr. old University Dean, NGO worker (unemployed)/ spouses
1. The middle class was no accidental creation. It needs to be nurtured to exist and at present there are no measures being planned for sustaining it.
2.CEOs’ salaries are out of control, yet teachers are being trashed for their modest salaries. People say the teachers’ salaries are tax money, yet CEO salaries are coming from the public’s pensions. That’s our money too.
3. The population is growing poorer with fewer services. The poor are migrating to Occupy encampments for free health care and hot food. That’s not the problem. It’s a symptom of the problem.
4. Attitudes need adjusted among those who think that the poor “deserve” their poverty somehow, and the rich “deserve” theirs somehow. People of lower income levels put in the same amount of work as those paid well, often in jobs more useful.
- 69. 33 yr. old public school teacher/musician
- 64. 30 yr. old Graphic Artist
- 55. 54 yr. old Microbiologist
- 52. 59 yr. old Retired K-12 Teacher
- 51. 49 yr. old Contractor
- 50. 45 yr. old Film Screen Writer
- 43-44. Two 25 yr. old musicians/retail workers, spouses
- 36. yr. old Healthcare worker
- 31. 45 yr. old Unemployed Laborer
- 26. yr. old Forester