63. 41 yr. old Electrician
1. I’m beginning to think only a catastrophe is capable of bringing the country back together, a meteorite or a range fire across the country. There’s too much religion, too little treating each other with dignity and respect. The economic downturn didn’t do it. Politicians are too afraid of losing their jobs. There is no magic pill to bring us together again.
2. Education has a lack of money devoted to it. People want to do the right thing, if they understand a situation. We need to develop creative minds.
3. Corporate greed has taken control. Employers used to know that employees are their most valuable asset. And the employees returned that many times. Now, with Wall Street in charge, it’s all about the bottom line and short sighted gain. It’s not sustainable. Capitalism can work, or socialism can work, but whatever it is, needs to be done in moderation.
4. I am worried about how I’m going to pay my insurance. In Denmark, taxes are high, but you can go anywhere in the world with a Danish medical card and be taken care of. It’s sad to see the cutting edge, whether with space or physics or education drift off to some other country.
- 70. 53 yr. old disabled laborer
- 68. 51 yr. old Social Worker
- 66. 42 yr. old Optical Technician
- 65. 23 yr. old Student/Veteran
- 64. 30 yr. old Graphic Artist
- 62. 41 yr. old School Teacher
- 61. 55 yr. old Housepainter
- 55. 54 yr. old Microbiologist
- 52. 59 yr. old Retired K-12 Teacher
- 50. 45 yr. old Film Screen Writer