1. Stay out of other countries’ business, and quit trying to impose upon them our own model, since it’s broken. We need major cutbacks in spending on the military, which should be only defensive in nature. Lobbyists in D.C. should be hung out to dry. They get too much money to get Congress to support this massive weapons industry. Separation of Congress and the Defense Industry, should be as important as separation of church and state.
2. The infrastructure of the country needs rebuilt. High speed trains could be built, with a good start in converting the $1 billion dollars spent on a single jet.
3. Get rid of TSA. Returning from a trip to Asia, they were an appalling and unprofessional contrast to what we encountered there.
4. The war on drugs needs ended, with legalization of pot essential.
5. We need to re-institute the hospitals for the mentally ill dismantled by the Reagan administration, throwing them onto the street.
6. Prisons need to be reserved for those who commit violence on others and need to be boot camps rather than training grounds for racial supremacists and gangs.
7. The income gap in the country needs to be reduced to normalcy.
8. Higher education needs to be affordable. In countries where public education doesn’t exist, only the rich get educated. More money needs to be devoted to higher education. A program that trades a reduction in debt for service in strategic job areas would be useful.