Posts tagged agressive wars
1. Stay out of other countries’ business, and quit trying to impose upon them our own model, since it’s broken. We need major cutbacks in spending on the military, which should be only defensive in nature. Lobbyists in D.C. should be hung out to dry. They get too much money to get Congress to support this massive weapons industry. Separation of Congress and the Defense Industry, should be as important as separation of church and state.
2. The infrastructure of the country needs rebuilt. High speed trains could be built, with a good start in converting the $1 billion dollars spent on a single jet.
3. Get rid of TSA. Returning from a trip to Asia, they were an appalling and unprofessional contrast to what we encountered there.
4. The war on drugs needs ended, with legalization of pot essential.
5. We need to re-institute the hospitals for the mentally ill dismantled by the Reagan administration, throwing them onto the street.
6. Prisons need to be reserved for those who commit violence on others and need to be boot camps rather than training grounds for racial supremacists and gangs.
7. The income gap in the country needs to be reduced to normalcy.
8. Higher education needs to be affordable. In countries where public education doesn’t exist, only the rich get educated. More money needs to be devoted to higher education. A program that trades a reduction in debt for service in strategic job areas would be useful.
1. Separate money from the political life of the country. Money plays too large a role.
2. I travel in Oregon a lot and there is a lot of rural poverty in the state, where people do not have even the limited resources of urban areas to redress.
3. There has been a complete deterioration in blue collar jobs and income. And we need an attitude adjustment about blue collar work. A doctor at college once said to me “so you’ve decided to use your brain, have you?” As if people operating cranes and bulldozers don’t use their brain. Now THAT was the dumbest thing I ever heard ANY one say. This class stratification needs ended.
4. The country has been ruined militarily by people wanting to use military power to play global chess.
5. A lot of promises are made which bind future generations without thinking very deeply.
6. Healthcare needs to be socialized. We need to invest in community clinics where they don’t exist.