Posts tagged employee rights
1. Income inequality needs addressed, and specifically poverty and homelessness
2. Education is huge. Teachers endure a great deal of blame unfairly. Standardized testing isn’t working well. Every child is different and the money and time used would be best spent on motivating children to learn. Many children’s problems begin at home and that is beyond the control of the kids. We need to build fewer jails and put more money into schools instead. Children need more knowledge about geography and other cultures. Class size needs reduced. My daughter is a school teacher and she has 31 kids, of whom 4 are perennially in the trouble for non-classroom activities. She simply has no time to give those 4 the attention they need.
3.The rights of employees need to be protected.
5. Everyone, and especially children, need access to healthcare.
1. Employees need to have some means of addressing arbitrary corporate decisions concerning decisions affecting wages, working conditions, benefits.
2. Outsourcing of jobs should begin with the top, where the elimination of CEO positions could each save the equivalent of 1000 employees. The discrepancy between the salaries of top management officials and ordinary employees needs to be narrowed.
3. 401K schemes – in which employees boost the price of shares by being forced to buy, with no meaningful security for old age, and which the corporations additionally make money on, by “managing”, needs to be eliminated and replaced by pensions.