Posts tagged working conditions
1. We need jobs, for everybody. Forbid outsourcing of factories with high tariffs for those using plants abroad to get around child labor laws, and trying to flout laws governing minimum wages, working conditions and environmental safeguards.
2. Something has to be done about healthcare. I haven’t seen a doctor since I was a kid at my parents home.
3. Education needs revamped, with classic taught. We don’t even know our own history. Public education needs to extend at least to an associate’s degree.
4. We need real representation, where the rich can’t buy government and corporations are not human beings. Corporations need to abide by all the laws of the U.S. and not be able to pass their own laws in their workplaces.
1. Employees need to have some means of addressing arbitrary corporate decisions concerning decisions affecting wages, working conditions, benefits.
2. Outsourcing of jobs should begin with the top, where the elimination of CEO positions could each save the equivalent of 1000 employees. The discrepancy between the salaries of top management officials and ordinary employees needs to be narrowed.
3. 401K schemes – in which employees boost the price of shares by being forced to buy, with no meaningful security for old age, and which the corporations additionally make money on, by “managing”, needs to be eliminated and replaced by pensions.